About the MU Speech and Hearing Clinic
Established more than 60 years ago, the MU Speech and Hearing Clinic provides a full range of diagnostic and clinical speech-language services to children and adults with a wide variety of communication needs. Group and individual therapy sessions are available, based on the needs of each client.
All services at the MU Speech and Hearing Clinic are provided by graduate student clinicians in the Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences. These student clinicians are closely supervised by faculty members who hold Missouri licensure as well as certification in speech-language pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
To request an evaluation or therapy services, please fill out and email the “Referral/Request for Service” form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services can address:
- Language learning difficulties (including expressive/receptive language delays)
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Hearing impairment
- Communication challenges due to a congenital anomaly or syndrome
- Accent modification and pronunciation
- Gender affirming voice therapy
- Articulation and phonological disorders
- Stuttering and cluttering
- Reading and writing difficulties
- Acquired language disorders such as aphasia
- Cognitive and linguistic deficits from a stroke or traumatic brain injury
- Motor speech disorders such as dysarthria and apraxia
- Voice and resonance disorders
- Feeding and swallowing difficulties
An evaluation may include assessment of:
- Oral mechanism
- Articulation and phonology
- Expressive and receptive language
- Social communication
- Literacy (reading and written expression)
- Voice and resonance
The clinic also offers communication services through our Accent Modification and Pronunciation Program, Language Enhancement for Adults Program (LEAP), Parkinson Speech Program, and the Robert G. Combs Language Preschool.
Hours and location
The MU Speech and Hearing Clinic is located at 301 Lewis Hall on the University of Missouri campus. Services are by appointment only.
Fax Number: 573-884-8686
For more information please contact Leanna Lawrence, MHS, CCC-SLP, clinic director.
Faculty, students and staff actively follow the University of Missouri’s nondiscrimination policy.