About the MU Speech and Hearing Clinic
Established more than 50 years ago, the MU Speech and Hearing Clinic provides a full range of diagnostic and clinical speech-language services to children and adults with a wide variety of communication needs. Group and individual therapy sessions are available, based on the needs of each client.
All services at the MU Speech and Hearing Clinic are provided by graduate student clinicians in the Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences. These student clinicians are closely supervised by faculty members who hold certification in speech-language pathology.
Services address communication needs associated with a variety of conditions, including:
- Language learning disability
- Developmental delay
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Hearing impairment
- Traumatic brain injury
- Congenital anomalies or syndromes
- Acquired neurological disorder
An evaluation may include assessment of:
- Oral mechanism
- Articulation and phonology
- Expressive and receptive language
- Social communication
- Reading and writing
- Voice and resonance
Treatment can address:
- Expressive and receptive language delays
- Articulation and phonological disorders
- Stuttering and cluttering
- Reading and writing disabilities
- Acquired language disorders such as aphasia
- Cognitive and linguistic deficits
- Motor speech disorders such as dysarthria and apraxia
- Voice and resonance disorders
- Feeding and swallowing difficulties
- Accent modification and pronunciation
- Referral/Request for Service To be completed and submitted before submitting any other documents. Please email completed form to
Policy of Non-Discrimination
Faculty, students, and staff in the Robert G. Combs Language Preschool actively follow a policy of nondiscrimination in compliance with Federal civil rights laws. All can expect to be treated fairly and without regard to age, color, ethnicity, gender identity, handicap or disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, status as a parent or veteran, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.
Hours and Location
The MU Speech and Hearing Clinic is located at 301 Lewis Hall on the University of Missouri campus.
Services are by appointment only. View Google Map | (573) 884-2940
Fax Number: (573) 884-8686
For more information please contact Leanna Lawrence, MHS, CCC-SLP, Clinic Director.