News & Announcements
Summer Welcome peer advisors needed
Jan. 24, 2023
The School of Health Professions is looking for enthusiastic and bright students to serve as Peer Advisors for the Student Services’ Office this summer. Peer Advisors play a key role in helping incoming freshmen and transfer students get acclimated to the University of Missouri and ready for their first semester at Mizzou!
Typical tasks of Peer Advisors include helping new students register for classes using Schedule Planner/myZou, answering questions about their schedule/the university, and assisting the Academic Advisors.
The unique nature of this position requires that you are available from May 18 through July 15. The pay is $12/hour. Peer Advisors must be friendly, resourceful, patient and have a desire to help our new students!
There will be two information sessions about the peer advising role/duties/responsibilities:
- 6 p.m. Feb. 19 in Switzler Hall 101
- 6 p.m. March 5 via Zoom
We highly encourage those that are interested to attend as this is a great forum to ask questions and receive feedback from previous Summer Welcome Peer Advisors!
- Attend and participate in Summer Welcome advising sessions
- Work one-on-one with freshmen and transfer students
- Represent the School of Health Professions in a professional manner
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Current student under the School of Health Professions
- Ability to share knowledge and experiences with others
- Gain valuable work and leadership experience
- Develop key communication skills
- Excellent program to add to your resume
- Hourly pay at $12/hr
- Have FUN!
Applications are due before 10 p.m. Monday, March 13. Apply online.
Email Adam Willard at firstname.lastname@example.org.