Name: Mackenzie Krebill
Hometown: Lee’s Summit, MO
Degree: Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
- What made you choose Mizzou?
I chose Mizzou because of all the amazing opportunities that the School of Health Professions has to offer! It also helps that I was raised in a Mizzou family.
- What made you want to pursue a career in healthcare?
I chose a career in health care because I want to be able to make a difference in someone’s life. I aspire to be the person that patients can count on when they need it the most.
- What is your favorite place on campus?
One of my favorite places on campus would be Speakers Circle. It can be very interesting; you never know who or what is going to be there!
- How have you achieved academic success during your time as an undergraduate?
I have achieved academic success by meeting with my advisor multiple times each semester. They are there for me on my good and bad days. They want to see all students succeed and they do everything in their power to make it happen!
- If you could give one piece of advice to incoming freshmen, what would it be?
One piece of advice I have for incoming freshmen is to not be afraid to push yourself outside of your comfort zone! If I didn’t do this when I was a freshman, I wouldn’t be as confident as I am today.