The School of Health Professions is looking for enthusiastic and bright students to serve as Peer Advisors for the SHP Student Services Office this summer (June 3 – July 11). Peer Advisors play a key role in helping incoming freshmen and transfer students get acclimated to the University of Missouri and ready for their first semester at Mizzou! Typical tasks of Peer Advisors include helping new students register for classes in myZou, answering questions about their schedule/the university, and assisting the Academic Advisors. Working hours will be Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. and on June 6, June 24, and July 11, we will go until 5 p.m. The pay is $8.60/hour.
There will be three information sessions about the peer advising role and responsibilities on April 3, 9, and 14 in Tate Hall 102 at 4 p.m. We highly encourage those that are interested to attend as this is a great forum to ask questions and receive feedback from previous SHP Summer Welcome Peer Advisors!
- Attend and participate in Summer Welcome advising sessions
- Work one-on-one with freshmen and transfer students
- Represent the School of Health Professions in a professional manner
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Current student under the School of Health Professions
- Ability to share knowledge and experiences with others
- Gain valuable work and leadership experience
- Develop key communication skills
- Excellent program to add to your resume
- Hourly pay at $8.60
- Have FUN!
Applications Due by April 25
Click here to apply
If you have any questions, please email Adam Willard at firstname.lastname@example.org.