Are you interested in becoming a University of Missouri field instructor?
Field education provides students with the opportunity to put classroom learning into practice. The MU School of Social Work is appreciative of the hard work and professionalism that field instructors bring to the school and student experiences. We encourage agencies to inspire students through field placement.
Benefits to field instructors
- Free and discounted access to contact hours
- 3 free contact hours toward licensure requirements
- Free contact hours for in-person Field Instructor orientation
- Free webinars on motivational interviewing, evidence based interventions, and trauma-informed care
- Two discounted conferences per year, hosted through the MU School of Social Work. Previous years have included conferences on ethics contact hours and the supervision refresher course
- Staying well informed on current topics in social work
- Networking opportunities with social service providers and MU faculty
- Giving back to the profession
- Involvement in the growth and advancement of future social workers
- An additional, enthusiastic set of hands to move agencies toward goals
- Opportunities for agency recruitment for new employees
- Additional support services through the MU School of Social Work field liaisons