Students who apply to the MU Respiratory Therapy (MURT) program must have completed general education requirements and be at least a college sophomore in good standing. Certain requirements may be waived for those applicants with a previous degree. The general education and prerequisite courses (also shown on the Advising Worksheet) required by the program may be completed at any regionally accredited college/university with the approval of the University of Missouri.
Students wishing to apply for entry should request an application in mid-late October. The application deadline for the professional phase of the Respiratory Therapy Program is February 1.
Applications are considered on a competitive basis each admission period. The respiratory care admissions committee governs the selection process. Contact the program director for advising of education.
Admission criteria includes:
• Admission to MU. For information on how to apply to the University of Missouri click here.
• Completion of general course prerequisites
• Completed Application Packet submitted to admissions committee
• Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
• Evidence of interest and knowledge of the field
• Volunteer or observation experiences
• Two letters of recommendation
• Personal interview
All accepted students must provide a current immunization record and complete a criminal background check and drug screening. Students are also required to purchase a stethoscope, scrubs and other materials for their classroom and clinical training.