Sectional Anatomy Study Tool
The Sectional Anatomy Study Tool is a web-based program to help the user learn human anatomy through images produced by CT-scan (computed tomography) and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). The user can easily navigate through the stacks of image “slices” of each body section. The label “on” / “off” feature provides users an opportunity for self-assessment.
This tool contains a comprehensive set of both CT and MRI images of the human body in all three planes (i.e., the axial, coronal and sagittal planes).
Areas of Application
Potential users would be individuals who desire to have a thorough knowledge of human anatomy or who need to interpret diagnostic images of the human body typically found in the healthcare setting.
This can include
- Imaging professionals
- Radiologic technologists with specialties in CT (CAT-scan) and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Students / technologists seeking credentialing in the specialty areas of CT, MRI, PET/CT (positron emission technology / CAT-scan)
- Radiation therapy technologists / students
- Pre-medical and medical students
- Anatomy Students
Advantages of this Program:
- Easy to use, intuitive
- Compatible with PCs or Macs
- View using the computer browser
- Images are available in the 3 major body planes
- Image stacks allow students to move forward or backward within the image set, permitting students to develop a 3-dimensional model of the body within their mind
- Labels may be turned on or off for study purposes or self-testing
- Choice of program navigation: mouse, keyboard or both
- Icons demonstrate the level of the image being viewed within the body
- One can quickly and easily jump to another image within the stack of images being viewed
How to Order:
Title: Sectional Anatomy Study Tool
Author: Patricia Tew, MS, RT(R)(CT)
Format: CD or Download
Price: $49.95 each
Download the Order Form to your local drive
Right click on the link and choose “Save Link As” or “Save Target As” to download if your browser tries to open in preview.
Use Adobe Reader to open from your local drive and complete the form.
If you have any issues with the Order Form, please contact email@example.com.
Please complete the Order Form, print and send along with a check or money order payable to the University of Missouri to the following address:
Sectional Anatomy Study Tool
University of Missouri
605 Lewis Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
NOTE: We are not currently able to process Purchase Orders or credit card sales
Shipping/Handling: Shipping/handling is $3.50 for the first CD and an additional $1.00 for each subsequent CD shipped to the same mailing address. Orders will NOT be shipped outside of the United States.
Tax Exempt Orders: If your organization is located in Missouri and exempt from Missouri Sales tax, please send your State Tax Exempt letter along with check or money order made payable to the University of Missouri for the amount of your order.
Questions? For any questions, please contact the Radiography Program via email with your name, email address, company name, address, and phone number at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-884-2623.
All sales are final
What to expect
The Main Menu page asks you to “Pick A Region” (head, neck, abdomen, etc.) which immediately prompts the user to “Pick A View” (CT and/or MRI image sets) from a drop down menu. The selected image sets demonstrate sequential “slices” through the selected body portion. Navigation tools at the top of the page include: Main Menu button, Label Control (on/off), Image Count, Image Navigation, and an interactive icon that clearly shows the level of the image being viewed within the body region.
“How to Use” information screen
To select your viewing options:
1. Pick A Region: “Head” selected
2. Pick A View: “CT Facial Bones Coronal” selected
3. Click on “Go”
Results: CT Facial Bones, coronal view. Page opens with labels off. Note that we have navigated to image 9 of 29. The icon in the upper right corner indicates the approximate level within the body section.
Same image with labels turned “on” (on/off switch located on Navigation bar at the top).
Image Samples in other Planes
Sample axial view: CT Abdomen, labels “on”.
Sample sagittal view: MR Knee, labels “on”.