Program Goals & Objectives
In order to fulfill the primary mission of this program, the following goals and objectives have been developed:
- Recruit students with a demonstrated track of educational excellence into our full-time professional program
- Continually improve the educational program to ensure that students receive relevant and timely instruction as it pertains to the medical imaging discipline
- Maintain accreditation with national organizations to ensure that our program continues to meet the high standards set forth by these organizations
- Promote continuing education of medical imaging professionals with specific emphasis on providing this education to underserved health care regions including rural, urban, low-income, and ethnic minority communities
- Stimulate critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities through curriculum design
- Ensure that students are well prepared to pass national certifying examinations
- Focus on accepted radiographic positions, while allowing students the opportunity to be creative and innovative in accomplishing this task
- Adequately prepare students to enter into the job market competitively upon graduation
- Provide students with opportunities for interaction with other health care professionals to develop a multidisciplinary approach to health care delivery
- Encourage medical imaging professionals to consistently employ radiation safety to protect those who come to us for medical care
- Promote professional and ethical behavior, thus positively influencing public perception of the medical imaging profession
Program Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Goals
Goal 1: Students will be clinically competent.
- Students will provide appropriate patient care
- Students will demonstrate good patient positioning skills
- Students will select appropriate technical factors
- Students will demonstrate the proper use of radiation safety
Goal 2: Students will communicate effectively.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills
Goal 3: Students will use critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students will be able to modify standard imaging protocols to non-routine procedures
- Students will demonstrate an appropriate approach to solving problems
Goal 4: Students will evaluate the importance of professional growth and development.
- Students will demonstrate professional integrity
- Students will evaluate the value of professional organization membership
Goal 5: Program will graduate entry level technologists.
- Students will pass the ARRT national certification exam on first attempt
- Students pursuing employment will be gainfully employed within 12 months of graduation
- Students will complete the program
- Students will be satisfied with their education
- Employers will be satisfied with the graduate’s performance
Program Strategic Plan
- In order to achieve our mission, objectives, and goals the program and its personnel will strive to:
- Continually assess the needs of students and employers in the field of medical imaging,
- Maintain and enhance affiliations with regional health care institutions and professional organizations,
- Appoint and retain highly qualified didactic faculty,
- Regularly and consistently evaluate the competence of students in the areas of technical expertise and professional development,
- Maintain an educational environment that encourages personal growth, recognizes academic successes, and provides adequate support mechanisms to further foster student success,
- Develop and disseminate continuing education materials to address the needs of rural health care practitioners, and
- Conduct appropriate research to contribute to the medical imaging profession.