Tuition and fees
The Cashier’s office publishes university tuition and fee information.
Estimated additional costs
In addition to the University tuition and fees, room and board, and personal expenses, a radiography student will have additional costs associated with the program, clinical affiliations and being a professional. Estimated costs are subject to change. Students should budget for at least the following ancillary costs:
- Transportation to clinical sites up to 1 hour away from Columbia
- Costs associated with background checks: Missouri Dept. of Health and Senior Services $14, nationwide background check $28.95 (one time)
- Costs associated with drug testing (Panel 14 Drug Screen) $42.50
- Immunizations: MU students must comply with the mandatory MU immunization policy. Because of potential for exposure to other diseases, health professions students also have more extensive requirements. Our clinical sites currently require the following: MMR, DTP, Polio, Adult Td or Tdap, Varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, Two-step TB testing with annual update, and influenza.
- Procedures and services not provided by the Student Health Fee.
- As a student you are not covered by Workman’s Compensation; therefore, all students are urged to have some type of medical hospitalization insurance.
- Scrubs (black) approximately $95-120 for 3 sets
- Work shoes $70-100
- Lead side markers (BB with initials) $35-40 (one time unless you lose them)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers training: $50 (2 year certification)
- Missouri Society of Radiologic Technologists Membership $20 for 2 years
- Annual conference attendance $160 per year (location dependent)
- Books: estimate $1200 for the program (largest impact is first semester)
- Electronic clinical tracking: $165 per year
- Fee for national registry exam (ARRT): $200
- Senior banquet ($70)
- Optional student membership in the national professional organization: The American Society for Radiologic Technologists: $35
Mary Sebacher Radiography scholarship
This $500 scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students in the professional phase of the Radiography program who demonstrate the qualities of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence. Non-traditional students are encouraged to apply.
- Must be an undergraduate student in the Radiography program
- Demonstrates strong academic merit (minimum cumulative MU GPA of 3.0)
- Preference given to students from an underrepresented background in higher education
- Completed Application Cover Page due by Feb. 1
- Essay of at least 250 words, but not more than 2 pages, answering the questions:
- What excites you about your future in health care?
- How do you demonstrate/plan to demonstrate the values of respect, responsibility and excellence in radiography and medical imaging?
- What impact do you hope to have through your professional work?
Please contact the program director for further information.
The School of Health Professions offers several scholarships annually. New Mizzou students are also be eligible for university scholarships.
Obtaining Missouri residency may reduce your education expenses. Missouri residents pay a lower tuition rate than out-of-state students.
Financial aid is available for Radiography students. Contact MU Student Financial Aid for more information.
Refunds are handled through the Cashier’s Office.