Graduate certificates are a great way to enhance your resume and career prospects. Certificates are 12 to 15 credit hours, and courses can be taken in person or online. You do not have to be a Master of Public Health student to complete a public health certificate. If you complete your graduate certificate while earning B grades or higher, you are automatically accepted to the full MPH program and do not need to complete a new application or pay another application fee.
A graduate certificate underscores your expertise in the areas below.
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health
- Graduate Certificate in Global Public Health (not accepting applications)
- Graduate Certificate in Epidemiology
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health Communication
The Department of Public Health does not practice rolling admission. The graduate admissions committee will begin reviewing applications within one week of the application deadline. The faculty committee plans to generate admission decisions to applicants via email within four to six weeks after the application deadline has passed.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Peace Corp Fellowships are offered even years only. Fellowship applicants should apply by Feb. 1 to begin classes in August.
Candidates must have:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or other institution of post-secondary education.
- A grade point average equivalent to at least a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work or a minimum of two years of work experience in the public health or health care fields.
International/non-native English speaking applicants must have an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score.
- For the TOEFL, a score of 550 or better on the paper-based version, or a score of 80 or better on the internet-based version.
- For the IELTS, a minimum score of 6.5 is required.
How to apply
Upload the following to the MU Office of Graduate Studies online application:
- Personal data sheet
- Current resume or curriculum vitae. Please explain any significant gaps in education or work experience.
- Unofficial copies of your transcripts of coursework from all universities, colleges, and/or technical schools you’ve attended in the past. If admitted, official copies of your transcripts must be sent to the MU Office of Research and Graduate Studies.
- For international /non-native English speaking applicants only: Official TOEFL or IELTS if your native language is not English. The TOEFL exam results must be current (taken within two years of admission to the MPH Program), and scores must be sent directly and electronically by the Educational Testing Services (ETS) to the MU Office of Research and Graduate Studies using the Institutional Code: 6875 (University of Missouri) and Department Code: 0616 or 50 for the internet-based version.
Complete our online form, and we will follow up with you.
Start your application through the MU Graduate School.