Admission to the DPT program is available through Regular Admission (applicants will have a bachelor’s degree prior to beginning the professional program, including SHarP Scholars) or Early Admission (allows students to enter the professional program with 90 credit hours).
- All applicants must have successfully completed the core required courses. At the time of application, students may have up to three core courses to be completed with no more than two core courses planned for the spring semester. All offers of acceptance to the program are conditional upon successful completion of core requirements and maintenance of the minimum GPA requirements. Core Required Courses for Admission to PT
- The Department of Physical Therapy is hopeful that opportunities to complete observation hours will improve in the coming months. At this time, no decision has been made about a waiver of the observation hour requirement. We will continue to monitor the situation and update the website once final decisions have been determined. Thank you!
- The GRE will no longer be a requirement for the application process.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the application process. Thank you, and stay safe!
DPT Application Materials — Official Application in Slate Available August 1
- Regular Admission — Regular admission requires that students, by the beginning of the professional phase of the PT program, hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have a 3.0 GPA in core courses and the last 60+ hours of graded, completed college coursework.
- Advanced (Early) Admission — for students who will have completed three years of residential coursework on a college campus (minimum of 90 credit hours) by the beginning of the professional phase of the PT program. Students who enter without a bachelor’s degree must have satisfied the MU general education, graduation requirements, and taken two Writing Intensive courses. Students who are admitted without a degree will receive a bachelor’s degree (BHS in Pre-Professional Physical Therapy) at the completion of the first year. To be eligible to apply for advanced (early) admission, students must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA and a 3.0 GPA in core courses.
- Activities and Awards Questionnaire (download Word document)
- Essential Functions
SHarP Scholar for Physical Therapy
The Department of Physical Therapy offers a guaranteed admission option for high school seniors and first semester MU freshmen. Students selected as SHarP Scholars, who remain in good standing, are guaranteed a position in the PT program upon satisfactory completion of the undergraduate degree and successful completion of the requirements for admission to the program.
Potential SHarP Scholar students must have a composite score of 30 on the ACT (or equivalent SAT score) and be ranked in the top 10% of their high school class. Students must submit a completed application by November 15th to be considered. Applicants are required to complete an interview process with the physical therapy department before selections are finalized.
**Meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee acceptance as a SHarP Scholar. The Department of Physical Therapy has a cap on the number of SHarP Scholar positions available each year and many excellent candidates cannot be offered a SHarP Scholar position.
Tentative Interview Date: Dec. 9, 2022
Consider joining your peers in this student organization!
Contact us for more information
- Phone: 573-882-7103 to set up an appointment to visit with a faculty advisor.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org