- Doctor of Philosophy – Speech-Language Pathology, University of Kansas
- Master of Arts – Speech-Language Pathology, University of Kansas
- Bachelor of Science – Communication Sciences and Disorders, Saint Louis University
- SLHS 8001 – Seminar in Medical Speech-Language Pathology
- Cancer related communication, swallowing, and feeding
- Dysphagia education for current and future professionals
- Knollhoff, S. and Searl, J. (2019). Adherence to a dysphagia exercise program by oropharyngeal cancer survivors. Spotlight on Exploratory Research in Health. DOI: 10.35831/sor.erh.07052019sk
- Knollhoff, S. (2019). Dysphagia. In Gillam & Marquardt (Eds.), Communication Sciences and Disorders: From Science to Clinical Practice, Fourth Edition.
- Searl, J. and Knollhoff, S. (2019). Articulation contact pressures scaled to the physiologic range of the tongue in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: A pilot study. Journal of Communication Disorders, 82. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcomdis.2019.105937
- Searl, J. and Knollhoff, S. (2018). Sense of effort and fatigue associated with talking after total laryngectomy. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 27(4), 1434-1444.
- Searl, J. and Knollhoff, S. (2017). Changes in lingual-alveolar contact pressure during speech over six months in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Journal of Communication Disorders, 70, 49-60.
- Searl, J., Knollhoff, S., and Barohn, R. (2017). Lingual-alveolar contact pressure during speech in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: Preliminary findings. Journal of Speech Language Hearing Research, 60(4), 810-825.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Special Interest Groups of ASHA: SIG 13 Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia)]
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association – Certified
- Missouri State Board of Healing Arts, Speech-Language Pathology – Licensed