- Undergraduate: St. Louis University, B.A. (Psychology & Philosophy), 1986, cum laude.
- Graduate: University of Missouri-Columbia, M.A., 1991 , University of Missouri-Columbia, Ph.D., 1995, APA Approved, Clinical Psychology
- Internship: Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C.-Clinical Psychology, 1994-1995
- Fellowship: NIH National Research Service Award in Rehabilitation Research, 1995-1997
- Fellowship: NIH National Library of Medicine Health Informatics Fellowship 2000-2003
Dr. Laura Schopp is a professor and chair in the MU Department of Health Psychology. She completed advanced training through two NIH fellowships (rehabilitation psychology and health informatics) and is a health psychologist and board-certified clinical neuropsychologist.
Dr. Schopp has spent her career studying health promotion and health service delivery for persons with chronic health conditions and neurologic disabilities, and in recent years expanded this focus to include health and well-being of persons in community and workplace settings. She has served as Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator on over $6M in grants and contracts, primarily in areas related to health and participation among persons with chronic health conditions and disabilities.
Over the years, Dr. Schopp has received national and local awards including the American Psychological Association Rehabilitation Psychology Early Career Award, the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research Mary Switzer Fellowship, the Brain Injury of the United States Young Investigator Award, the School of Health Professions Research Award, and the City of Columbia Mayor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Health Award.