Kelly StephensPT, CKTP
Assistant Director of Clinical Education
Associate Teaching Professor
- BS in Fitness and Nutrition, University of Missouri – 1998
- MPT, University of Missouri – 2001
- PhD Candidate, Education Psychology, University of Missouri – present
Content Expertise/Teaching Responsibility:
- Clinical education, PhysZOU clinical instructor
- Clinical Practice: Mizzou Therapy Services
- Interest in service learning, clinical education, and developing optimal teaching to promote higher level thinking in students.
- Certified Kinesiotaping Practioner – 2009
- APTA Clinical Instructor Certification
Awards & Honors:
- Excellence in Teaching with Technology – 2019
- Inclusive Excellence Award – 2019
- Faculty Mentor – Honors Convocation
Kelly Stephens has accrued her physical therapy experience in the areas of outpatient orthopedics, pediatrics (outpatient and home health),and treatment of chronic pain. She has experience in community outreach through education and service learning. She is active in the American Physical Therapy Association – Missouri and has served as a student liaison for this association. Kelly continues to provide physical therapy through Mizzou Therapy Services.
Kelly is a teaching professor but most of her time is spent working with the many facets of clinical education. She also is pursuing an educational doctorate in education psychology at the University of Missouri, to develop more expertise as a professor.