- 2010 Doctor of Physical Therapy, A.T. Still University, Tempe Arizona
- 1988 Bachelor of Health Sciences, Physical Therapy, University of Missouri
- 1984 Certification in Massage Therapy, Sherer Academy of Natural Healing, Santa Fe, NM
- 1979 Bachelor of Science in Education, University of Missouri, Elementary Education with Spanish Certification
Clinical Expertise/Teaching Responsibility:
- Acute and Chronic Medical and Surgical Conditions: Case Management – Coordinator
- Geriatrics and Orthopedics: Case Management – Coordinator
- Geriatric assessment, fall risk screening
- Clinical practice: Senior Assessment Geriatric Evaluation (SAGE) Clinic – University of Missouri Health Care
- The use of walking poles as an ambulation aid for older adults, and persons with chronic low back pain
- The use of immersive simulation with standardized patients to enhance students’ clinical learning in the acute setting as part of an interprofessional curriculum
- Certified Expert on Exercise for the Aging Adult (CEEAA), certification, American Physical Therapy Association, Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy – 2012
Awards & Honors:
- Faculty Engagement Award – School of Health Professions, 2018
- Excellence in Education – School of Health Professions, 2016
- Recognition for Teaching – Graduate Professional Council, 2016
- Wakonse Fellowship for teaching Excellence, 2010
- MU Physical Therapy Department Distinguished Faculty Award, 2010
- Undergraduate Honors Convocation Mentor, 2007
- Faculty Advisor for “Diversity Across the Curriculum”, a sub-committee of the School of Health Professions “Diversity and Inclusion” committee
- Department: Curriculum and Instruction Committee, member: 2009-Present
Background in acute care, home health, and hospice. Dedicated to increasing the physical activity and decreasing the fall risk in the geriatric population.
Scholarly activity includes creation and maintenance of the UM Physical Therapy Department’s Geriatric Examination Tool Kit (40,000 visits annually).
Publications and information regarding scholarly activity and service may be viewed in Dr. Evan Prost’s Curriculum Vitae.