- Maternal and Child Health LEND Grant Fellow 2002-03
- Masters of Science: Physical Therapy, University of North Carolina 1994
- Bachelors of Science: Physical Therapy, University of Missouri 1978
Content Expertise/Teaching Responsibility (general content of courses):
- Physical therapy for children 0-18 years
- Case Based clinical decision making in physical therapy with multiple neurological and physical impairments with emphasis on motor control
- Utilization of High and Low Tech Gait analysis in clinical settings to document impact of intervention on gait and balance in children. Student/Faculty Perceptions of the PhyZOU experience. Variability of ankle/food movements during spontaneous lower extremity kicking in infants born preterm and full term. Training in Interdisciplinary Partnerships and Services (TIPS)
- MRFASTC Training and Certification
- NDT Certification Pediatrics
- Neonatal Behavioral Assessment Scale
Awards & Honors:
- 2006 Physical Therapy Distinguished Faculty Award
Connie Blow has been a pediatric therapist since 1978. She’s practiced in acute and long term settings; including school-based and a special interest in the NICU. She has served as both a member and Director of the Pediatric Section of the CSM Program Committee.
Connie has served as the Pediatric PhysZOU Director since it started in 2013. She is currently on the committee for Mizzou Go Baby Go, an early mobility project involving Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech, and Engineering students and faculty members.
Publications and information regarding scholarly activity and service may be viewed in Connie Blow’s Curriculum Vitae.