Brad W. WillisGCS, PT, MPT
Associate Teaching Professor & Director of Scholarly Activity
- BHS – University of Missouri, Columbia – 2008
- MPT – University of Missouri, Columbia – 2008
- Ph.D. – Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, University of Missouri, Columbia – Currently Enrolled
- Biophysical Agents – Course Coordinator
- Applied Therapeutic Exercise – Lab Assistant
- Case Management: Acute and Chronic Medical/Surgical Conditions – Co-Instructor
- Case Management: Geriatric and Orthopedics – Co-Instructor
Content Expertise/Teaching Responsibility:
- Biophysical agents, therapeutic exercise, acute and chronic medical and surgical conditions, as well as orthopedic considerations for the older adult.
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Geriatric Physical Therapy, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties – 2017
- Certified APTA Clinical Instructor
Current Clinical Involvement
- Senior Assessment Geriatric Evaluation (SAGE) clinic through MU Health.
- University of Missouri Health Care, Mizzou Therapy Services- Faculty Clinic.
- Department of Physical Therapy, PhysZOU pro-bono clinic.
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Midwest Sports Medicine Research Alliance. 2018-Present
- The American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT):
- Education and Pedagogy Consortium Member. Dept of Physical Therapy, University of Missouri representative. 2017-Present
- Research-Intensive Programs in Physical Therapy (RIPPT) Consortium Member. Dept of Physical Therapy, University of Missouri Representative. 2019-Present
- Central Group on Educational Affairs (CGEA) of the AAMC. 2016-Present
- Missouri Physical Therapy Association (MPTA). 2008-Present
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). 2008-Present;
- Education Section. 2016-Present. [Scholarship of Education SIG: 2017-Present]
- Geriatric Section. 2016-Present
- Educational Evaluation & Assessment
- Injury Prevention/Health and Wellness
- Motion Analysis – Mizzou Motion Analysis and the Functional Assessment Screening Team
Awards & Honors
- SHP Excellence in Education Award – Early Career – 2019
- Wakonse Fellowship for Teaching Excellence – 2016
- Undergraduate MU Honors Graduation Mentor – 2016
- 2016 MTNA e-Journal Article of the Year Award Recipient: Nov 2015.
- Shooting Star Award. Boone Hospital Center -2009
- Gerald Browning Scholarship. University of Missouri, Physical Therapy Dept. 2008
- School of Health Professions Scholar – 2008
Brad W. Willis is an Assistant Teaching Professor within the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Missouri. Mr. Willis graduated in 2008 with his MPT from the University of Missouri, and became a board certified clinical specialist in geriatric physical therapy in 2017. Previous clinical experiences primarily include the acute hospital and outpatient orthopedic settings. Mr. Willis has been involved within the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Missouri since 2009, before becoming a faculty member in 2015. Current teaching responsibilities include biophysical agents, therapeutic exercise, and problem-based learning centered coursework on medical/surgical conditions as well as geriatric and orthopedic rehabilitation. Mr. Willis is also enrolled in the Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis Ph.D. program at the University of Missouri. Research interests include educational evaluation and assessment, injury prevention, health and wellness promotion, and motion analysis.