Health Sciences Associate Chair and Associate Teaching Professor
Botswana Blackburn, PhD, is an associate teaching professor and the first Health Sciences Program Director in the School of Health Professions. She was named Associate Chair in 2020. Dr. Blackburn joined the Health Sciences Department in 2011 as an adjunct professor and moved to a full-time teaching position in 2012.
Dr. Blackburn handles student affairs and appeals for the Department of Health Science.
- Ph.D. – Education & the Social Science Consortium, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- M.Ed. – Health Education and Promotion, University of Missouri-Columbia
- B.J. – Broadcast Journalism, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Health Care in Missouri
- Public Health Principles and Practice
- Health Care in the U.S.
- Healthcare Organization & Leadership
Awards and Honors
- William T. Kemper Fellowship for Excellence in Teaching 2019
- Manuel T. Pachero Leadership Development Program (LDP) 2019
- School of Health Professions Faculty Engagement Award 2019
- School of Health Professions Excellence in Education Early Career Award, 2016
- Department of Health Sciences Faculty of the Year, 2016
- Honors College Admission Committee
- Department of Health Science Curriculum Committee (Chair)
- Resource Allocation Model Committee-Administrative & Student Service Subcommittee