- Doctor of Physical Therapy, College of St. Scholastica, 2019
- Master of Physical Therapy, St. Louis University, Edward and Margaret Doisy College of Health Sciences, 2004
- Bachelor of Science: Exercise Science, St. Louis University, Edward and Margaret Doisy College of Health Sciences, 2002
- 5210 Applied Neurophysiology – Instructor
- 5360 Pharmacology in Rehabilitation – Instructor
- 6560 Rehabilitation of the Neurologically Impaired Adult – Instructor
- 6620 Case Management: Acute and Chronic Medical/Surgical Conditions – PBL tutor
Content Expertise/Teaching Responsibility:
- Clinical evaluation skills and examination techniques, documentation, neurologic conditions and rehab techniques, pharmacology, seating and positioning/adaptive equipment
- Board Certified Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties, June 2017
- Assistive Technology Professional Certification, Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America, since 2012
- Lymphedema Management – Level 1, Coast to Coast School of Lymphedema Management, 2011
- Conservative Sharp Debridement, Wound Care Education Institute
- APTA Clinical Instructor Certification
Current Clinical Involvement:
- Outpatient Neuro: University of Missouri Health Care, Mizzou Therapy Services- Faculty Clinic.
- Outpatient Neuro: Department of Physical Therapy, PhysZOU pro-bono clinic
- In-patient Neuro: Encompass Health: Rusk Rehabilitation Center
Membership in Professional Organizations:
- American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT). Clinical Reasoning Curricula and Assessment Consortium Member. University of Missouri representative. 2017-Present
- American Physical Therapy Association, 2006-Present; Neurologic Section, 2015-Present; Education Section, 2015-Present
- Missouri Physical Therapy Association, 2006-Present
- Diversity and inclusion in physical therapy education, optimal teaching techniques for clinical reasoning and development of critical thinking skills, neurologic physical therapy interventions, and adaptive equipment interventions
Awards & Honors:
- Wakonse Fellowship for Teaching Excellence, 2018.
- Faculty Scholar, University of Missouri, 2018.
- Clinical Specialist Level III, HealthSouth Corporation, 2015.
- Distinguished Faculty Award, University of Missouri Department of Physical Therapy. 2012
Anita Campbell has spent most of her physical therapy career in inpatient rehab with focus on neurologic injuries and diseases, wound care, post-acute burn care, and seating and positioning. She also has experience in the acute and long-term care settings that she brings into the classroom. She worked in a support and adjunct role with the University of Missouri Physical Therapy program for over seven years before joining the faculty full-time in 2015. Anita continues to practice in both inpatient and outpatient neurologic rehab in addition to her teaching responsibilities. She is passionate about challenging students to think critically and develop the clinical reasoning skills in order to better serve clients.
Publications and information regarding scholarly activity and service may be viewed in Dr. Campbell’s Curriculum Vitae.