Low Vision Services
Teaching tomorrow’s clinicians by serving today’s families.
Through TigerOT, we work with adults and children who are having difficulty completing everyday life activities including but not limited to self-care, cooking, school work, leisure activities, shopping, and community mobility as a result of low vision.
TigerOT serves adults and children with many visual issues including (but not limited to):
• Blurred vision
• Double vision
• Decreased ability to see near or far
• Decreased peripheral vision
• Impaired ability to focus
• Difficulty adjusting to light or dark environments
• Visual field cuts
Services may include:
• Evaluation of functional vision status
• Assistive technology training
• Activity modification training
• Training in the use of compensatory strategies and techniques to improve performance of activities
• Recommendations for environmental modifications
Hours and location
The TigerOT Clinics are located in Clark Hall and Lewis Hall on the University of Missouri campus.
Services are by appointment, call for more information.
For more information please contact:
For information about how to give to TigerOT see our giving page.
TigerOT low vision services are supported by the Healthy Vision Association.
SHP’s Department of Occupational Therapy Hosts CarFit Event for Community
CarFit is national program developed by AAA, AARP and the American Occupational Therapy Association and is designed...