The nuclear medicine technology program started at MU in the early 1970s and has been offered here since then without interruption. Graduates of this JRCNMT accredited program challenge the NMTCB and ARRT credentialing examinations immediately after completing their degree requirements.
The mission of the University of Missouri Nuclear Medicine Technologist Program is to:
- prepare highly skilled, registry-eligible professionals in nuclear medicine and molecular imaging;
- provide extensive clinical experiences and a challenging curriculum that enhances foundational knowledge, critical thinking, and effective communication;
- graduate compassionate and caring professionals with a diverse background;
- addresses workforce development needs for the Nuclear Medicine industry; and
- provide a path for students wishing to pursue post-graduate education.