● Fall Semester: June 1 (extended to July 1 for the Fall 2020 semester)
- Peace Corp Fellowship: February 1/ Fall even years
- International students*: May 1
● Spring Semester: October 1
● Summer Semester: April 1
*Applications from international applicants will only be accepted for Fall semester admission, unless the applicant is currently a University of Missouri (MU) student enrolled in another full-time program.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or other institution of post-secondary education.
- A grade point average equivalent to at least a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work.
- Official GRE score report is required. Alternative exams (LSAT, MCAT, or GMAT) will be considered with a completed Waiver Request. If you have a masters, doctorate or professional degree above a bachelors, you do not need to submit a GRE score.
- For international / non-native English speaking applicants only: An official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score. For the TOEFL, a score of 550 or better on the paper-based version, or a score of 80 or better on the internet-based version. For the IELTS, a minimum score of 6.5 is required.
- Only COMPLETE applications will be reviewed, it is recommended to submit applications at least 3 weeks before the deadline to ensure all documents are received prior to the deadline.
Upload the following to the MU Office of Graduate Studies online web application:
- STEP 1: Click on the link above to begin the application process.
- STEP 2: Complete and upload the Personal Data Sheet.
- STEP 3: Submit a personal essay addressing this prompt: Master of Public Health application essay prompt
- STEP 4: Upload a current resume or curriculum vitae. Please explain any significant gaps in education or work experience.
- STEP 5: Provide contact information for two (2) letters of recommendation to be submitted by individuals who are well-acquainted with your academic experience and can attest to your intellectual, experiential, and interpersonal abilities. At least one (1) of these letters must come from a professor or other academic official.
- STEP 6: Upload unofficial copies of your transcripts of coursework from all universities, colleges, and/or technical schools you’ve attended in the past. If admitted, official copies of your transcripts must be sent to the MU Office of Research and Graduate Studies. NOTE: Photos of transcripts will not be accepted. Please upload scanned copies of your unofficial transcripts.
- STEP 7: (Optional) For applicants seeking a GRE waiver or course waiver/transfer credits, complete and upload the Waiver/Transfer Credit Request to your online application.
- STEP 8: (For international /non-native English speaking applicants only) Submit official TOEFL or IELTS if your native language is not English. The TOEFL exam results must be current (taken within two years of admission to the MPH Program), and scores must be sent directly and electronically by the Educational Testing Services (ETS) to the MU Office of Research and Graduate Studies using the Institutional Code: 6875 (University of Missouri) and Department Code: 0616 or 50 for the internet-based version.
Questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions for Applicants.