Health Sciences Study Abroad
A variety of faculty-led, health-related study abroad trips qualify for Health Sciences intersnhip course credit; terms, courses and credit hours vary by trip.
Study Abroad Eligibility: 2.5 GPA; MU undergraduate
Internship Credit Eligibility: Successfully complete HS 2100 prior to trip; junior or senior standing; attend a mandatory internship meeting; and gain approval from internship adviser.
Example Locations and Topics:
Cape Town, South Africa
- Participate in hands-on service while working directly with a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Learn about South African culture and how public health interventions are implemented in communities wthat are under-resourced.
- Intern with a local NGO dedicated to improving public health and welfare in India.
- Learn the daily realities of promoting public and communityhealth in the developing world.
- Gain firsthand experience in promoting innovations, addressing challenges and understanding cultureal norms that contextualize contemporary community health initiatives.
Cape Coast, Ghana
- Field placement in public health in Cape Cost, Ghana
- Particpate in programs designed to prevent disease and disability and improve the health of local communities. Topics include: Aids/HIV awareness, community nutrition, and injury prevention.
Contact the DHS Office of Experiential Learning at 573-884-2698 or email@example.com.
Additional information is available from the MU International Center.