Declaring Your Major in Health Science

If you are a current MU student in a major outside of the School of Health Professions (SHP) and are interested in transferring to the Health Science major, please e-mail the SHP Advising account at will be sent instructions on how to complete the transfer process, including information about how to access an informational video to assist you in determining the most appropriate emphasis area for your goals.

If you are currently a student in the School of Health Professions, please reach out to your advisor for instructions on how to complete the process. Those students with fewer than 60 hours completed, and who meet the GPA requirement (MU, cumulative, and most recent fall or spring term GPA of 2.0 or higher) may declare the major through their advisor. Those students meeting the GPA requirement with 60+ hours will submit an internal transfer of major form and will complete a graduation plan to declare the Health Science major.

If you are a prospective MU student, please select the Health Science major on your MU Application for Admission.


Advising for health science students is done in the School of Health Professions Student Services Office. Students need to schedule appointments to see their academic advisers. Current Mizzou students can schedule an appointment with their adviser through MU Connect.