OTR/L, MSCI, OTD
Academic Fieldwork Coordinator and Assistant Professor
• OTD – Washington University School of Medicine
• MSCI – Washington University School of Medicine
• BS – Psychology and Sociology, Southern Illinois University – Edwardsville
- BME 4985 Bioengineering Design II
- OC_THR 5340 Evidence-Based Practice Seminar
- OC_THR 5510/5520: Level II Fieldwork
Membership in professional organizations
• American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
• Missouri Occupational Therapy Association
• Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA)
• Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA)
Awards & honors
• 2017-2018 University of Missouri Faculty Scholars Program
• 2013, 2016, 2019 Service Commendation, American Occupational Therapy Association
• 2010 Trainee, Emerging Leadership Development Program, American Occupational Therapy Association
The goal of the AT-AT Lab is to create and study an inclusive environment wherein people can achieve independence through the interdisciplinary creation, modification, and application of low-cost consumer technologies.
Dare N, Janes WE (2022). The effect of an online journal club on fieldwork educators’ perception of working with students who exhibit unprofessional behaviors. Journal of Occupational Therapy Education, 6(2).
Rasmussen K, Perry B, Janes WE (2022). Feasibility of customized 3D-printed assistive technology within an existing multidisciplinary amyotrophic lateral sclerosis clinic. Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology.
Bolton T, Stevenson B, Janes WE (2021). Assessing handwriting in preschool-aged children: Reliability and internal consistency of the “Just Write!” Tool. Journal of Occupational Therapy, Schools, & Early Intervention.
Bolton T, Stevenson B, Janes WE (2020). Assessing handwriting in preschool aged children: Feasibility and construct validity of the “Just Write!” tool. Journal of Occupational Therapy, Schools, & Early Intervention, 14(2): 153-161
Ellington A, Janes WE (2020). Online journal clubs to enhance Fieldwork Educator competency in support of student experiential learning. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 74(3).