The MU Department of Communication Science and Disorders with the generous support of the Scottish Rite opened the Robert G. Combs Language Preschool. This preschool serves children aged 2 to 5 years with or without speech and language difficulties. MU Communication Science and Disorders seniors and graduate students are clinicians for this preschool under the direct supervision of certified faculty. Given the intense speech and language focus of this program, a very low clinician to student ratio is maintained, approximating 1 clinician for every 2-3 students.
Who should consider this language preschool?
- If your child aged 2-5 has been diagnosed with a speech and/or language problem.
- If you want your child to have preschool experience in a language-rich environment.
- If your child is developing normally and you want him/her to have social and learning experiences with a small group of children and many capable, energetic speech-language clinicians.
- Easy access to 124 Clark Hall at Providence and Rollins Roads
- Very low student/clinician ratio
- Speech and language focus
- Scholarships available based on need
- Individual therapy available
Download the Preschool Application Packet
Policy of Non-Discrimination
Faculty, students, and staff in the Robert G. Combs Language Preschool actively follow a policy of nondiscrimination in compliance with Federal civil rights laws. All can expect to be treated fairly and without regard to age, color, ethnicity, gender identity, handicap or disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a parent or veteran.
- Toddler Group (2-3 years old) meets on Tuesday/Thursday, 9am-11am
- Preschool Classes (3-5 years old) meet on Monday/Wednesday, 9am-11am OR Tuesday/Thursday, 1pm-3pm
- Fall, Spring and Summer semesters
The Robert G. Combs Language Preschool is located on the first floor of Clark Hall on the University of Missouri campus.
View Google Map | (573) 882-8538
For more information please contact
Greta Hull, MHS, CCC-SLP, Preschool Director
The Robert G. Combs Language Preschool was established and is supported by the Scottish Rite Masons of Columbia.