Advising Contact Information
Kathy Moss, PhD, RRT-ACCS, FAARC
Director, MHS CDS Program
605A Lewis Hall, Columbia, MO 65211
Alese Thompson, MS, MLS(ASCP)CM
Coordinator, BHS CDS-CLS Program
Moses Hdeib, MD, RDMS, RDCS, RVT
Director of Graduate Studies
405 Lewis Hall, Columbia, MO 65211
605 Lewis Hall, Columbia, MO 65211
Mizzou Graduate School
210 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65211
Local: (573) 882-6311
Toll-Free, long distance: (800) 877-6312
Curriculum: MHS CDS, emphasis in Clinical Laboratory Science
The MHS CDS program is a 30-credit, online program which is designed to be completed part-time by health care professionals. The curriculum is organized into three parts with integrated opportunities to achieve stackable credentials.
- Interprofessional core courses (9 credits) offer practical preparation for effective team functioning.
- Leadership electives (minimum 12 credits) offer preparation for one of three career paths:
- Health care facilities (hospitals, clinics);
- Higher education programs preparing entry-to-practice health care professionals (colleges, universities); or
- Health care industry (medical equipment or pharmaceutical sales and customer support).
- Emphasis area electives (minimum 6 credits) prepare students for one or more advanced professional credentials.
- The program culminates in a personalized capstone project with a potential employer that is tailored to the student’s goals (3 credits).