The Master of Health Science in Clinical and Diagnostic Science (MHS CDS), emphasis in clinical laboratory science is designed for clinical/medical laboratory scientists who hold the bachelor’s degree and the Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist credential. The program aims to prepare accomplished, ambitious clinical laboratory science professionals for leadership roles such as those listed below.
- Medical laboratory supervisor
- Educator for an entry-to-practice medical laboratory science education program
- On-line educator for a medical laboratory science education program
- Management or sales in clinical laboratory equipment
- Customer/product support in clinical laboratory equipment industry
University of Missouri MHS CDS program students may add value to their experience by carefully choosing their elective courses. Strategically selected electives may allow students to earn a graduate certificate while completing requirements for the master’s degree.
The 30-credit MHS CDS online curriculum enables professionals to complete coursework part-time and at their own pace, while concurrently employed. Students can expect to complete the program in as little as two years by enrolling in 6 credits in the fall semesters, 6 credits in the spring semesters, and 3 credits in the summer semesters.