Schedule an advising appointment with the program director to discuss the application for the Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS) Program. For questions regarding your pre-requisites, contact the program director or the School of Health Professions Student Services advisor.
Download the application materials below to your local drive. Open, complete and save using Adobe Acrobat Reader (click here to download).
- Read the Introduction Letter
- Review and understand the Admission Requirements
- Reference the Advising Worksheet for coursework questions
- Complete, print and sign the Application Form
- Send the Reference Forms to acceptable references with instructions to send these directly to the CLS Application Committee
- Prepare to pay the CLS Application Fee by Money Order or check made out to University of Missouri (cash will not be accepted through the mail)
- Submit the completed application, essay and the $40.00 Clinical Laboratory Science Application Fee by December 1st to:
Clinical Laboratory Science Application Committee
Clinical & Diagnostic Sciences Department
School of Health Professions
University of Missouri
605 Lewis Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
It is highly advisable to meet with the program director and/or an advisor from the SHP Student Services to check your acceptance eligibility prior to submitting an application.
Early Admission to the CLS Program
The CLS Program will grant conditional early admission to the CLS Program for students who
- meet all academic requirements for the clinical program while maintaining at least a 3.40 in both cumulative GPA and core math/science classes GPA,
- successfully pass background checks and screens prior to the beginning of summer student lab, and
- successfully complete an interview process.
Students are expected to meet standards of professional behavior that are required of those working in clinical sites.
Early application may be made for participation in the clinical program at the beginning of the Spring semester of the sophomore year. Please contact Steven Starr for an application. Students should meet with the School of Health Professions Student Services Advisor (https://healthprofessions.missouri.edu/student-services/make-an-appointment/) to discuss qualifications prior to applying.
SHarP Scholar Application
The Clinical Laboratory Sciences Program offers a guaranteed admission option for high school seniors and first semester MU freshmen. Students selected as SHarP Scholars, who remain in good standing, are guaranteed a position in the Clinical Laboratory Sciences Program upon successful completion of the requirements for admission to the program.
Potential SHarP Scholar students must:
- Attain a minimum composite score of 30 on their ACT or 1330 on their SAT
- Make an appointment to meet with the program director to discuss your application
- Complete and return SHarP Scholar application materials by the due date
- Submit the provided Recommendation Forms as instructed
- Complete minimum required observation hours as instructed by the program
- Complete an interview if necessary
**Meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee acceptance as a SHarP Scholar
To apply, click each form to download the Word or PDF format (PDF documents should be opened using Adobe Reader and not PDF viewers):
- Submit the SHarP Scholar Application by carefully reading and following the included instructions
- Submit a Recommendation form to your Guidance Counselor or Principal
- Submit a Recommendation form to a Teacher or Professor who is familiar with your academic performance
- No observation hours are required for this program
Students accepted as CLS SHarP Scholars must maintain at least a 3.4 in both cumulative GPA and core math/science classes GPA. They must also successfully pass background checks and screens prior to the beginning of summer student lab, and successfully complete an interview process. The admission interview can take place during their Sophomore or Junior year (in December).