- Acceptance into the University of Missouri http://admissions.missouri.edu/apply/
- Declare Pre-Athletic Training as area of interest.
- Complete ATP Demographic Information Form.
- Complete written statement of professional interests and goals.
- Sign Technical Standards form to certify student has read and understands the Technical Standards for admission into the ATP.
- Complete Criminal Background Check.
- Minimum overall collegiate GPA of 2.75/4.0.
- Completion and minimum grade of a “B-“ in ATHTRN 1100, 1200 and 2100 and a minimum grade of a “C” in ATHTRN 2500, MATH 1100 (College Algebra), ENGLISH 1000 (Exposition), BIO_SC 1010 (Biological Science & Lab) or equivalents. May be currently enrolled in courses during application process, but must successfully complete for full program acceptance.
- Completion of Blood-borne Pathogen Training. (Done in ATHTRN 1100)
- Completion of observation hours. (Done in ATHTRN 1100)
- Signed Confidentiality Waiver. (Done in ATHTRN 1100)
- Completed a minimum of 12 semester hours, and enrolled in at least 12 semester hours during time of application.
- Personal interview with ATP Selection Committee. (If selected for an interview, you will be contacted).
ATP Student Costs
The Athletic Training student is responsible for the following costs:
- Tuition and fees. http://admissions.missouri.edu/costs-and-aid/costs/index.php
- Clinical education uniform. (black pants/shorts, khaki pants/shorts, closed toe shoes)
- Athletic Training collared polo shirts and t-shirts. $25/year
- Transportation to and from clinical education sites.
- Food and housing for all clinical education.
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association student membership. ~$80/year
- Physical exam, immunizations and any other medical costs.
- CPR/AED certification. ~$27 every two years.
- E*Value fee. $165/year
- Individual Professional Liability insurance. ~$40/year
- Criminal Background Check (prior to admission). ~$37
- 8-Panel Drug Screen. ~$30
- Board of Certification examination (Last semester in MATP). ~$320
- Anatomy lab – gloves, scrubs, lab coat.