The Adult Day Connection has a new director! SHP is pleased to welcome Sara Carmer to the School of Health Professions family.

Carmer graduated from Mizzou in 1993 and has since gained almost 30 years of social work experience. After living and working in southern Missouri for the past few years, she wanted to return to the Columbia area to be closer to family. When she discovered the ADC Director position was open she knew she would apply. “It seemed like the perfect opportunity to use the accumulation of my skills as a social worker, clinician and administrator,” Carmer said.

Carmer is passionate about working with older adults. “Working with older adults has always been an amazing experience for me. I appreciate their knowledge, life experience and wisdom,” said Carmer. “Many of them have fought wars, raised families and worked hard their entire lives. They deserve the best.”

She also enjoys working with ADC staff and believes they offer the best for the ADC participants.

“As the new year begins, the ADC team and I will begin considering changes that could improve services, maximize use of our space and explore ways we can make processes more efficient and effective,” said Carmer.

If you see Sara around, be sure to extend a warm welcome her way.