Skip to navigation Skip to content

Meet the Health Science Peer Mentors

Sept. 13, 2021

The Department of Health Sciences offers a mentorship program that pairs freshman or transfer students with an upper-level Health Professions student. These mentors will help guide new students through their first year with the department, help connect them to resources and help them get involved.

Sign up to be mentored

Meet the mentors

Cassie Eddy

Hometown: Slater, MO
Interest Area: Pre-Medicine; Plans to become a rural family physician
Involvement at MU: Neuro Science and Plant Research lab, Pre-Med Society, Greek Life, Women in STEM
Favorite Course: Floral Design

“I decided to be a peer mentor because I have come to love Mizzou and all of the opportunities it offers. I have really enjoyed the ability to share that with others. My favorite part of Mizzou is the welcoming community, and I think it has been really cool to help build that for incoming students.”

Arvani Joshi 

Hometown: Kansas City, MO
Interest Area: Plans to become a pediatric nurse practitioner
Involvement at MU: NHLS, AAOA, SNA
Favorite Course: Psychology

“I decided to be a peer mentor to help incoming students, both freshman and transfers, by guiding them through this year at Mizzou and by helping make it home.” 

Meghan Kintner

• Hometown: Naperville, IL
  • Interest Area: Pre-Professional, Anesthesiologist
  • Involvement at MU: Greek Life, Fighting Pretty Mizzou, MAB, Deaton Scholars, Pre-Med Society, MU Health Care and Red Cross volunteer
  • Favorite Course: Public Health

“I joined peer mentors to provide others with an amazing, seamless transition to Mizzou so they have a chance to love it here as much as I do!”

Lauren Parker

Transfer student from the University of Iowa
Hometown: Glen Carbon, IL
Interest Area: Leadership and Policy; Plans to pursue a Master of Health Administration
Involvement at MU: Greek Life
Favorite Course: Health Care in the United States

“I decided to be a mentor because I wanted to help fellow Health Science students find their perfect place within SHP and the Health Science community!”

Kennedy Reeder

• Hometown: St. Louis, MO
  • Interest Area: Rehabilitation Science; Plans to become a sports chiropractor and open her own clinic
  • Involvement at MU: Minority in Sports President, SHP Student Ambassador, Financial Aid Peer Advisor
  • Favorite Course: Health Care in the United States

“I wanted to be a peer mentor because I know how challenging college can be, so being able to give tips and pointers on the best ways to be successful will be useful to incoming freshman and transfer students in order to make them more comfortable. The DHS Peer Mentor Program provides me with the opportunity to positively influence lives and help students adjust to college while also strengthening my leadership development skills.”

Erin Sullivan

• Hometown: Glenview, IL
  • Interest Area: Health and Wellness; Plans to become an occupational therapist
  • Involvement at MU: Greek Life, Mizzou Honors College, Stu-Mo
  • Favorite Course: Abnormal Psychology

“I wanted to be a peer mentor so I could help new students academically, socially and emotionally.”

Lauren Tigner

• Hometown: Kansas City, MO
  • Interest Area: Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, Speech-Language Pathology
  • Involvement at MU: McNair Scholar, Undergrad Research Ambassador, Public Health Club, Mizzou National Speech Language Hearing Association
  • Favorite Course: Intimate Relationships and Marriage

“I decided to be a peer mentor because I would like to help new students navigate their transition to Mizzou.”