Dec. 21, 2020
The Mizzou Nuclear Medicine program earned reaccreditation for seven years from the Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology (JRCNMT) in November. In its report, the JRCNMT noted several strengths of the Mizzou program:
- Variety of clinical affiliates and support from affiliate educational supervisors
- Excellent faculty who are passionate about nuclear medicine
- Unique partnerships with Northstar, NextGen and the MU Research Reactor, which provide learning and research opportunities for students
- Excellent administrative, advisement and records support
- Support from administration at both department and college level, including advocating for faculty development funding
Over the years, the program has consistently exceeded accreditation standards, including 100% job placement and 100% examination success outcomes. Congratulations to Program Director Jeff Galen and team!