Cody Baggett headshot

The MU School of Health Professions has a new Director of Student Services.

Starting Sept. 3, Cody Baggett will step into this role where he will help administer comprehensive services for students and guidance for parents and faculty in the areas of Recruitment, Scholarships, Admissions, Advising, Retention, Graduation, and Career and Professional Development.

Before acquiring this position at SHP, Baggett served as Dean of Students & Registrar at John Wood Community College in Quincy, Ill. He began his career there as an Academic Advisor and through several promotions has expanded his scope of responsibilities and influence.

“We were impressed with the breadth of knowledge that Cody has from his prior work, with his collaborative style, and with his demonstrated loyalty and commitment to the institution and the people he works with,” said Associate Dean for Academic Affairs Dr. Reid-Arndt. “We all also appreciated his recognition of the good work that is happening in the SHP Student Services office and his enthusiasm about coming to Mizzou and being part of the School of Health Professions.”

Baggett is excited to work with the students, faculty and staff. “When I looked at the position description, it really encompassed many of my favorite areas based on past experiences (advising, records, enrollment management, retention, etc.),” Bagget said, “So I felt that it was a good fit.”

Though he did not attend school here, Baggett said, “Mizzou feels like home. I’m a Mizzou Tiger at heart. I love the area and the university. I cannot wait to be a part of the culture and begin to make my home in Columbia.”