On January 25, 2019, SHP Dean Kristofer Hagglund delivered the annual State of the School address following a faculty and staff reception at Reynolds Alumni Center.
If you missed it, take a look at the presentation slides. Highlights from the talk included recognition of faculty and staff promotions, a presentation of some of our key metrics, a celebration of some of our recent successes, and discussion of some strategic goal areas in the coming year.
Successes from 2018 include:
- No floods in 2018!
- Making strides in interprofessional education and holistic admissions
- Launch of a new PhD program and a new Department of Public Health
- Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy are approved as professional programs
- A new centralized staffing model
Goals for 2019 include:
- Establishing a strong first cohort for the new PhD program beginning in Fall 2019
- Support UM and MU research goals (see links below)
- Maximizing opportunities associated with MU Health’s expansion
- Participation in MO Excels
- Securing more space and bringing Health Psychology home
- Remodeling our lobby and courtyard spaces
- Making progress with new programs: OTD, MAT, BOTA, and MHS in CSD
- Getting ready for our 20th Anniversary Celebration (May 2020-May 2021)
Below are some of the documents referenced in the talk. Thanks for all you do for SHP!