The Annual SHP Scholarship and Awards Luncheon is a celebration of the excellence of SHP students in education, research, clinical service and community involvement. Take a look at the winners below, and check out the full photo gallery here.
The first category of awards includes some of the scholarships specifically funded by individuals and organizations. In most cases, these awards are made in conjunction with specific criteria set forth by donors based on an aspect of health professions education that they value. The school and those who benefit from these generous gifts are grateful for this support.
- Lois Long scholarship: Baylie Wilson.
- The Missouri Hospital Association Scholarship: Amal Al Kaabi and Kelsey Hickman.
- The Western States Pathologists Association Scholarship: Haley Gassel.
- The Missouri Society of Pathologists: Amal Al Kaabi.
- The Mary Sebacher Scholarship: Clair Hollman.
- The BRACCO Outstanding Student Award: Ryan Thompson.
- The Sentec Leadership Award: Sarah Khoo.
- The Blake Rudeen Memorial Scholarship: Abigail Williams.
- The Shirley Patterson/Eva Trumbower MSHA Travel Award: Katherine Layne and Elly Andel.
- The Christopher Griffith Scholarship: Paige Biles and Shelby Gordon.
- The Diversity and Excellence in Radiography Scholarship: Cianna Demings.
- The John & Janet Farmer Endowment to Advance Children’s Health in SHP Award: Cassidy Shannon.
- The Schaal Family Endowed Scholarship for Physical Therapy: Hannah Williams
Recognition from SHP, Mizzou, and state and national associations.
- The School of Health Professions Service Scholarship: Abbey Verslues
- The SHP Undergraduate Research Award: Paulina Simon
- The School of Health Professions Diversity Award: Shoneia Jones, Jaiden Gatchalian, Sue Archibong and Sierra Clemetson.
- The Missouri Speech-Language Hearing Association recently recognized Claire Custer as this year’s Outstanding Graduate Student and Elise Henn took the top honor for Outstanding Graduate Technical Session at the state conference.
- The Missouri Physical Therapy Association recently recognized Hannah Williams with the MPTA Outstanding Physical Therapy Student Award.
- Jane Kielhoefner, a student in the public health program, was recognized with an Unsung Hero Award by the Student Union Programming Board, and was also recently honored with the MU Award for Academic Excellence which honors undergraduate students who go above and beyond expectations to contribute to the academic atmosphere at Mizzou.
The SHP Alumni Organization takes great pride in honoring outstanding individuals each year for their accomplishments, demonstrated commitment to the School and service to others. Those receiving awards today exemplify the highest ideals of the University of Missouri and a true Tiger spirit.
- Student Engagement Award – Undergraduate: Aliyha Hill (Health Sciences)
- Student Engagement Award – Professional: Jessica Diermann (Physical Therapy)
- Excellence in Mentoring Award: Edie Stark (Communication Science and Disorders)
- Alumni Citation of Merit: Dana Evans (Respiratory Therapy)
- Outstanding Young Alumni Award: Gabby Scheuler
- SHP Alumni Organization Scholarship – Undergraduate: Emma Stetzenmeyer (Health Sciences, PT)
- SHP Alumni Organization Scholarship – Professional: Anthony Skinner
Department and Program Awards for Academic Excellence
- Excellence in Ultrasound – Undergraduate: Amanda Schilling
- Excellence in Ultrasound – Graduate: JoeRyan Anderson
- DMU Scholastic Award – Undergraduate: Renee Locandro
- DMU Scholastic Award – Graduate: Courtney Chandler
- Raymond E. Hogue Founders Scholarship (PT): Allison Seck
- CSD Outstanding Undergraduate Students: Jessica Lisenbee, Victoria Moss
- CSD Outstanding Graduate Students: Anna Guilkey, Claire Custer
- Marilyn Blanke Braschler Outstanding Student Award (OT): Gabby Scheuler
Department and Program Awards for Clinical Excellence
- Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences Oliver Award for Clinical Excellence: Ray Che (Respiratory Therapy), Ryan Thompson (Radiography), Amber Rhoads (Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound – undergraduate), JoeRyan Anderson (Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound – graduate).
- CSD Outstanding Preschool Clinician: Julie Meyer, Sharlene Brady
- CSD Outstanding Accent Modification and Pronunciation Program Clinicians: Summer O’Gradney, Morgan Henley
- CSD Outstanding Graduate Students in Clinical Achievement: Abby Isabelle, Megann Whitaker
- James Whitacre Compassionate Care Award (Respiratory Therapy): Anne Miller
- Briedwell Spirit of Compassion Scholarship (Physical Therapy): Jill Lucas, Shannon Cotton
Department and Program Awards for Excellence in Service
- DMU Spirit of Achievement Award: Jessica Dryden
- The Marilyn Sanford Hargrove Scholarship (Physical Therapy): Haley Zimmer
- The Diana Baldwin Leadership and Advocacy Award (Occupational Therapy): Karin Seley