Monica Schibig, Respiratory Therapy Program Director, was selected as the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) Education Section Practitioner of the Year. The AARC is the leading national and international professional association for respiratory care.
Schibig was selected for this honor based on her extensive history of excellence in the following areas:
- Highly accomplished respiratory care teaching and/or student supervision in the clinical setting or classroom environment
- Chaired or written education policies and procedures, competencies, curriculum, frameworks, content standards, assessments
- Experience as a mentor
- Leadership positions at the national and state levels
- Served on at least three committees at the national level
- Received multiple national honors
- Regularly presented education topics at national meetings
- History of of program development, publications, grants, and mentorship of student projects, posters and presentations.
This recognition positions Schibig as the top Respiratory Therapy educator in the US in 2017 and places her among the most influential educators in the profession.