Bestcolleges.com compiled their list of Best Online Bachelor’s In Health Science Programs, and SHP’s Bachelor of Health Science (BHS) Program tops the list.
According to the website, “The methodology behind our rankings is grounded in statistical data and a few consistently applied guiding principles. Our 2017 rankings reflect the most recent data compiled from IPEDS and the College Navigator, both of which are hosted by the National Center for Education Statistics. Our goal is to objectively assess relative quality based on academic outcomes, affordability, and the breadth and depth of online learning opportunities.”
The following criteria were used to determine which programs to include in the rankings:
- Each school must be an accredited public or private, not-for-profit institution.
- Must offer an online Health Sciences degree program
- Must submit an annual report to the National Center for Education Statistics.
All eligible institutions are ranked on a 100 point scale. A perfect score of 100 is earned by ranking #1 for all ranking factors.
ACADEMIC QUALITY – 50% OF TOTAL SCORE
- Admissions Rate – 25%
- Enrollment Rates – 15%
- Retention Rate – 15%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate – 25%
- Number of Health Sciences Degree Graduates – 20%
AFFORDABILITY – 25% OF TOTAL SCORE
- Average Net Price – 40%
- Percentage of Enrolled Students Taking Federal Loans – 20%
- Loan Default Rate – 40%
ONLINE PROGRAMMING – 25% OF TOTAL SCORE
- Number of Online Programs Offered – 50%
- Percentage of Enrolled Students Taking Online Courses – 50%